2017-2018 Hanover/ South Hanover
Snow Cancellation Policy
- If the Hanover School District delays school 2 hours or cancels school, all morning classes with start times 6:00am – 1:00 pm will be cancelled.
- Child Watch at Hanover will open at 9:00 am.
- Child Watch at South Hanover will close for the morning session.
- A decision will be made by 11:00 am concerning all afternoon classes with start times between 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
- A decision will be made by 3:00 pm concerning all evening classes with start times from 4:15 pm – closing.
Should severe weather or other conditions (i.e., snow, storms, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards, loss of power, loss of water, etc.) prevent schools from opening, our program will not be held.
Should schools delay two hours, our program will open at 7:30 am and run until the start of school.
Should schools start off with a two-hour delay and then close before the 7:30 am start time, our program will not run. If schools decide to close for the day after our 7:30 am start time, you will be notified to come pick up your child.
If it becomes necessary to close early, we will contact you or your emergency contacts as soon as possible. Your child’s early pick-up is your responsibility to arrange.
As always, you can tune into the following radio/ TV stations or check out our webpage or social channels below!
WGET 1320 AM/WGTY 108 FM
WSBA 910 AM/WARM 103.3 FM
WPMT (FOX local affiliate)
WGAL (NBC local affiliate)
Hanover Area YMCA Facebook page, Twitter, hanoverymca.org
*Taken from the 2017/18 Discovery Parent Handbook