The Hanover Area YMCA is conducting a blended lifeguard course that will certify participants in lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED training. Online training must be completed before training begins. All certifications are good for 2 years. All materials will be supplied, this includes; fanny pack, whistle, and CPR mask.
Course Information and Requirements:
- Participants must be 15 years old
- Attendance at all classes is required
- Course participation is contingent upon passing the lifeguard pre-test
- A $50 non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of registration
- All materials will be provided at the pre-course date including the link for the online portion of training
- All student will be required to provide proof of online completion
- Register at the Hanover Area YMCA, online at www.hanoverymca.org or Contact Nichole Batiz, firstname.lastname@example.org, for further questions
**course dates and times subject to change**
Pre-Test March 8, 2018 @ 6:30pm in the Main Pool
1) Swim 12 continuous lengths of the pool as follows: 4 freestyle, 4 breaststroke, and 4 more lengths of a combination of free./breast or all freestyle or all breaststroke
2) Tread water for 2 minutes with no hands (hands tucked under armpits).
3) Jump into the shallow end water, swim to 7ft and pick up 10lb. weight and swim back to shallow end with weight and get our ALL in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Course Schedule March 8, 6:30pm-9:30pm (precourse: meet in the 25 meter pool area)
March 16 5:00pm-9:30pm
March 17 7am-6pm
March 18 10am-5pm
*registration deadline March 2
Course Cost: $225 for members $250 for non-members
*There will be an additional $15 fee to retake any written test