LEARNING THE SKILLS TO SAVING LIVES
American Red Cross Lifeguard Course
HANOVER AREA YMCA
The Hanover Area YMCA is conducting a blended lifeguard course that will certify participants in lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED training. Online training must be completed before training begins. All certifications are good for 2 years. All materials will be supplied, this includes; fanny pack, whistle, and CPR mask.
Course Information and Requirements:
- Participants must be 15 years old
- Attendance at all classes is required
- Course participation is contingent upon passing the lifeguard pre-test
- Participants must complete online training before attending the first day of course (instructor will email instructions)
July 14, 12:00-1:00pm in the Main Pool
- Swim 12 continuous lengths of the pool as follows: 4 freestyle, 4 breaststroke, and 4 more lengths of a combination of free./breast or all freestyle or all breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes with no hands (hands tucked under armpits).
- Jump into the shallow end water, swim to 7ft and pick up 10lb. weight and swim back to shallow end with weight and get our ALL in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds.
July14, 12:00-5:00pm (meet in 25 meter pool for pretest)
July 22, 8:00am-6:00pm (bring lunch)
July 23, 10:00am-5:00pm (bring lunch)
$250 for members/ $275 for non-members
Register at the Hanover Area YMCA or Contact Tammy Shore 717-632-8211 X236