LEARNING THE SKILLS TO SAVING LIVES
American Red Cross Lifeguard Course
The Hanover Area YMCA is conducting a blended lifeguard course that will certify participants in lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED training. Online training must be completed before training begins. All certifications are good for 2 years. All materials will be supplied, this includes; fanny pack, whistle, and CPR mask.
Course Information and Requirements:
- Participants must be 15 years old
- Attendance at all classes is required
- Course participation is contingent upon passing the lifeguard pre-test
- Participants must complete online training before attending the first day of course (instructor will email instructions)
- ***There will be an additional $15 fee to retake any written test.
Pre-Test: Course I: June 7 at 6:00 PM/ 25 Meter Pool Course II: June 18 at 6:00 pm/ 25 Meter Pool
- Swim 12 continuous lengths of the pool as follows: 4 freestyle, 4 breaststroke, and 4 more lengths of a combination of free./breast or all freestyle or all breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes with no hands (hands tucked under armpits).
- Jump into the shallow end water, swim to 7ft and pick up 10lb. weight and swim back to shallow end with weight and get out ALL in less than 1 minute and 40 seconds.
Course I: June 7, 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm Course II: June 18, 6:00- 8:00 pm
June 13 , 9:00 am- 4:00 pm June 26 , 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
June 14 , 9:00 am- 4:00 pm June 27 , 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
June 15 , 9:00 am- 4:00 pm June 28 , 9:00 am- 4:00 pm
$225 for members/ $250 for non-members
*There will be an additional $15 fee to retake any written test.
Download Information Sheet Here Course I
Download Information Sheet Here Course II
Register at the Hanover Area YMCA or Contact Tammy Shore 717-632-8211 X236